The New Year somehow brings out the ambition to make changes in your life. It’s a fresh start, and a time of renewal and change. Nearly half of all Americans make New Year’s resolutions, and of those, almost 40 percent are related to weight loss. This is why you see an influx of weight loss commercials every January. In 2013, I am making a commitment to living a healthier lifestyle. To accomplish this, I plan on using technology to help meet my fitness goals.
Today, there are countless tools available for you to help get in shape. From iPhone Apps to websites, everyone has a solution. Listed below are a few of my favorite devices:
- Helps you measure, track, graph and share your blood pressure directly from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Application available for free on the iTunes App Store
- Instant blood pressure and pulse measurement
- Automatic backup
- Health follow-up in your pocket
- Track your weight and Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Free Withings Health Companion app to visualize weight trends, set goals, and monitor progress
- Position Control technology for high-accuracy weighing
- Weight data uploads automatically
- Multi-user support with automatic recognition
- At least one year of battery life, UP™ is a system that takes a holistic approach to a healthy lifestyle
- The wristband tracks your movement and sleep in the background
- The app displays your data, lets you add things like meals and mood, and delivers insights that keep you moving forward
SparkPeople.com is a leading weight loss website that teaches millions of people how to live a healthy lifestyle and stop dieting for good. The SparkPeople philosophy, combined with smart motivational strategies and a collection of personalized online tools, has helped thousands of members lose weight and keep it off.
Additional iPhone App:
MyOmBody is a wellness companion on a mobile phone that will allow you to build, collect and analyze a holistic ecosystem of personal health data. Providing a positive, integrative, and non-prescriptive support, it aims to help you discover how to be as healthy and happy as nature intended.
I’ll be tracking my progress on this blog, so be sure to check back to see if these technology tools are useful or not.
What are your favorite fitness technology tools?